Monday, February 10, 2014

Circle 7: Courtney


Time for another Circle 7 update!  This one is Courtney's quilt, and her theme was "Favorites. "   I absolutely love what everyone has made for her! 

                    

This is the panel I added:
I started with the coffee pot - I happened to have the same black dot print she used around her mugs in her starter panel, so I thought that would tie in nicely.  I scanned the internet for inspiration and made up this block to get the scale right.  

Then I added these economy blocks with some of my favorite things that I also thought Courtney would enjoy - a recipe print, some HR, homey images...all in happy, bright fabrics.  

I met Courtney at Sew South last year and was instantly drawn to her warm and sunny disposition and great sense of humor.  And the girl can SEW!  Every time I looked up, she was finishing yet another awesome project as I was laboriously trying to finish The Duffle.  I should probably mention she was like 8 1/2 months pregnant at the time too...You can check her out at Mon Petit Lyons.  I'm so thankful to have had the chance to get to know her better in this bee, and look forward to seeing her again soon!

3 comments:

  1. Love what you added! Her quilt is such a happy representation of all of us and happy things! Can't wait to see you in a little over a month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love this, and sneaky way to get in on some of the economy block action :oD

    ReplyDelete