Friday, October 31, 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Fall 2014

                                                Fall 2014 BQF Button
Hello my friends!  I've been chatting with a lot of you on IG lately (find me there @valbetweenquilts) - which has led to fewer blog posts.  But it's Blogger's Quilt Festival time again, so that's got me running back here - I always love participating in that!

This time, I'd like to share a mini quilt I made for a swap I was in earlier in the year.  The Post Sew South Swap happens after the Sew South retreat and my partner this time was my sweet friend Kim.  I was so excited to make her something special and felt some paper piecing was in order.

I have been crushing on kaleidoscope quilts lately and decided to give the paper pieced pattern on Red Pepper Quilts a try.  It is a lot of tiny piecing, but I love the end result.  I think each block finishes at 4", so this mini quilt is 16"x16".  I love how the low volume background prints set off the rich teals and golds.  Every one of these fabrics makes me happy :).

 Short and sweet tonight folks - time to check out some more Blogger's Quilt Festival entries!

14 comments:

  1. I think your partner was very lucky! The LV/teal/gold combination works beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a Cluck Cluck Sew pattern, too. Yummy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty colour combo. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I especially like the chicken wire print.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always loved this one, Val!! The colors are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! Great pattern and great fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just wanted you to know that I voted for your wonderful little quilt! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow lots of little pieces to sew...beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful! I love the yellow and teal and all the interesting little low volume pieces you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for picking my card as one your winners from the teddies challenge, it is such an honour.
    Thank you for all your hard work in making the challenge so successful, it's a shame that the challenge is ending but I can totally understand your reasons and wish you all the best.
    Sue xx obat penggugur kandungan

    ReplyDelete
  11. for novice bloggers like me who still lack experience, have a lot to figure out how where manage a great blog like you. thank you accept my presence. cara menggugurkan kandungan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sekarang banyak sekali kita jumpai di google artikel tentang cara menggugurkan kandungan , dari yang secara tradisional maupun dengan cara moderen atau minum obat penggugur kandungan seperti obat gastrul . Dan banyak juga toko online yang jual obat aborsi dengan berbagai paket obat menggugurkan kandungan 1,2,3,4 bulan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jika anda ingin mencari tahu tentang cara menggugurkan kandungan , banyak sekali kita temukan di google tentang artikel cara gugurkan kandungan secara alami maupun dengan menggunakan obat . bahkan banyak toko online jual obat aborsi yang bertebaran di dunia maya .

    ReplyDelete